Friday, January 19, 2007

laying the groundwork

Blogspot has been acting overloaded lately, so I’ve missed an entry. The sci-fi revision seems to be going okay. The tendency is to get the technical scope and boundaries defined early in the story, and let the conflicts build from there, but there can be a risk of overloading the human-interest elements of the story line. I think the characters, other-worldly and human, are intriguing enough in their early interactions and dialogue to carry some of this technical load, but I’ll have to be careful. I'll be interested to see how my writing-exchange partner responds to this part. It’s a great thing to be able to share a Ms. with a writer-friend.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Fiction Writer's Blog by Gaelwriter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.